Subject Access Requests
How to make a Subject Access Request (SAR) under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR) and Data Protection Act 2018.
If you would like to access your own personal data, this will be handled under the terms of the Data Protection Act 2018 and UK GDPR.
This includes information relating to health records, employment and training records - anything which is limited to you as a person whether as a patient, employee or partner of any kind.
How to make a request
How you make your request will depend on the type of information you are looking to access.
- To access blood test results only, please complete our request form for blood testing results (Word 56KB) and return to SAR@nhsbt.nhs.uk
- To access donation history or credits only, please complete our donor history request form (Word 42KB) and return to SAR@nhsbt.nhs.uk
- To make a SAR for any other personal data, please email us at SAR@nhsbt.nhs.uk
What to include in your request
When you email the above inbox please include:
- Full details of the information you would like to access.
- Two forms of ID. One must be photographic ID, e.g. copy of passport and a utility bill. Please do not send originals.
We need to verify your identity in order to protect your personal data.
We have one calendar month in which to respond to your SAR. This time may be extended by up to a further two months, if your request is complex or we have received several individual rights’ requests from you.
We may charge a ’reasonable fee’ for the administrative costs of complying with a request if it is manifestly unfounded or excessive, or if an individual requests further copies of their data.