Who we are
Our network aims to connect and support LGBT+ colleagues and promote an environment where everyone can come to work without fear of judgement.
We champion inclusivity, create an equitable work environment and celebrate our diverse workforce as well as the communities we serve.
Members of the LGBT+ Network meet bi-monthly and elected workstream leads pursue work in particular areas including policy, communication, ally programmes and our work with Stonewall.
All of our organisation’s employee networks operate to an agreed Terms of Reference.
We work for our members and aim to improve equality, diversity and inclusion for LGBT+ colleagues at NHS Blood and Transplant.
Luke Foster (pronouns: he/him)
Consultant Clinical Scientist and LGBT+ Network Chair
As a group, our objectives are to:
- Increase inclusivity, diversity and equity and promote a positive working environment for colleagues who identify as LGBT+
- Provide support to LGBT+ colleagues who feel they are being bullied or harassed on the grounds of sexual orientation or gender identity
- Progress our position through Stonewall’s annual Workplace Equality Index
- Help to break down negative perceptions and inaccuracies around LGBT+ blood, organ and stem cell donation. Read about donation if you are LGBT+
- Increase awareness about our recent changes allowing more people than ever to become lifesaving donors
- Increase the visibility of employees who identify as LGBT+, promoting equality across the organisation by supporting personal and career development
- Improve the quality of services we offer our donors, especially those who identify as LGBT+
Being part of the LGBT+ Network has always been important to me. It helps me to feel safe but also to be able to express and share my feelings.
Xavier AP (pronouns: he/him)
Regional Community Engagement Manager and Pride Lead