What we buy
We buy a wide range of goods and services.
Procurement of these goods and services is managed by four teams:
- Information Technology (IT)
- Strategic Goods (clinically focused)
- Estates and Services (corporate focused)
We also have a Supply Risk and Governance team that support with supply chain management and continuity, including international supply and importing issues.
If you would like to supply goods and services to us, you will need to know which team to contact.
Click on a team below to find out more about the type of contracts each team look after.
NHS Blood and Transplant (NHSBT) is a national organisation with various types of site in many locations across England.
Types of site include:
- NHSBT centres (which include blood processing, research, and business support team offices)
- Donation centres (including blood, plasma and platelet donation centres)
- Mobile donation team bases
- Stock holding units
- Warehouses - we have 3 warehouses for stock holding and distribution. These are based in the South West, (Bristol), South East (Borehamwood), and North (Warrington) of the country.
The requirements for supplying to each site will vary. Our team can discuss this further with you.
Please note that any temperature-controlled goods will need to be a direct delivery to our centres.