TAS coronavirus (COVID-19) update for patients
We ask that all patients, donors, carers and visitors to our units please familiarise yourselves with the below information in relation to coronavirus.
If you are symptomatic
If you are displaying any symptoms linked to the coronavirus (COVID-19), including a high temperature or a new continuous cough, please contact your local TAS unit as soon as possible before attending the unit, who will then provide you with guidance.
Attending the unit
Please assume that your appointment is scheduled as planned unless otherwise informed by the unit. We ask that anyone visiting the unit uses hand washing and / or sanitising facilities prior to entering the unit.
Visitors to TAS units are now limited to key carers or in exceptional circumstances – please contact your local TAS unit to discuss.
- Further information about coronavirus can be found on the NHS Website
- Sickle Cell Disease: For more information about coronavirus in relation to sickle cell, we recommend looking at the Sickle Cell Society website
- Thalassaemia: For more information about coronavirus in relation to Thalassaemia, we recommend looking at the UK Thalassaemia Society website
- Handwashing advice: for resources on handwashing procedure, we recommending following this NHS advice
- A hand washing rap for people with learning disabilities on how to wash your hands
- Key COVID-19 guidelines in British Sign Language
- A COVID-19 fact sheet that can be easily understood by children
- Government guidance on staying home during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Government guidance on social distancing
- Doctors of the World have provided translations of NHS COVID-19 guidelines
- Easy to read information on COVID-19 from Mencap