Blood technology modernisation
Tech-changing. Life-saving. Career-making.
Join a tech transformation with real purpose.
Technology programmes don't get much more important than this.
The mission: to modernise the technology that underpins the UK blood supply chain to support the wider NHS and our donors and patients.
As you can imagine, the security and effectiveness of the blood supply chain can be the difference between life and death. The stakes could not be higher.
We are proud to be supporting NHS Blood and Transplant (NHSBT) in continuing to realise their core mission of saving and improving more lives, by;
- Creating a sustainable change capability that can deliver technology change into the organisation that is of higher quality, at lower costs at a faster rate than ever before.
- Modernising our core blood technology system from a legacy code base to C#.net so that it is supported, stable and fit for the future.
- Enabling access to real time data to drive a better NHSBT enabling improved decision making and encouraging digital innovation in the organisation for donors, patients and wider NHS.
- Re-platforming to a modern, mainstream database and improve the integrations across the application landscape.
- Improving the software delivery life cycle through the implementation of modern ways of working and tooling.
What we need
We’re creating a team where your mind-set matters as much as your skills and experience.
- Has a digital mindset, willing to experiment and learn from mistakes
- Are focused on delivering mission but realistic and adaptable as to how we will get there
- Are truly collaborative, creating a one team culture with our colleagues, partners and suppliers
- Value progress over perfection and standardise our work to save each other time and effort
- Act with integrity and build trust with each other through being responsive, open and honest
- Are diverse and inclusive, representative of the wider community we are here to serve
Hear from the team
Whichever role you take on, you can feel proud of the work you do.
But don’t just take our word for it, hear from those in the know:
"The project aims not just to bring the system up to date, but to be a step ahead. Working in agile ways, my team has already achieved two releases in a few short months. It’s not just about delivery. We can be creative and explore the right possibilities for moving forward."
Meena, Head of Blood Systems Software Testing
"I’m very proud to work for NHS Blood and Transplant. I’m proud to be improving the system for the blood supply chain, to help patients get their blood. And I value the flexibility on offer."
Anna, Technology Assurance Co-ordinator
In addition to the pride you’ll feel at being part of our mission, you can look forward to excellent benefits including pension and flexible working.