Questions to ask your supplier
Ensure the safety of your tissue grafts by asking your supplier the following questions:
- Does your Tissue Bank use third parties to collect tissue on their behalf or do they employ their own retrieval teams?
- Are your products inspected and released by an independent QA department?
- Does your Tissue Bank accept consents taken from third parties on you behalf?
- Do you process your tissues in a Grade A environment?
- Are instruments used in the retrieval process either disposable or sterile at the time of use?
- Are your packaging materials/containers validated for use?
- Do you use in house accredited testing laboratories for mandatory screening ?
- Do you have all tissue independently assessed for bacteriological contamination?
- Do you have service level agreements with all your suppliers?
- Do you audit your suppliers?
- Do you have an in-house independent validation department?
- Are all your processes validated?
- Are changes to procedures and equipment documented and traceable through a change control process?
- Do your staff undertake annual GMP training from external specialists?
- Do you perform internal GMP audits on a regular basis?
- How can you assure me that the tissue you use for grafts has been obtained from donors with lawful consent?