Register to donate
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak we have temporarily stopped all collections of cord blood until further notice.
If you are interested in donating your cord blood, please complete the form below. We will then send you a sticker to attach to the front of your hand held maternity notes.
The hours of operation at our collection sites are as follows: 8am - 8pm, Monday to Friday.
Asterisks (*) indicate compulsory fields.
- Please do not register if your hospital is not listed, as regrettably the NHS does not have sufficient funding to collect blood elsewhere.
- You should not attempt to gain a referral to give birth at one of these hospitals in order to have a chance of donating, as we are unable to offer any guarantee of collector availability.
- In addition, not all collections are successful and only those of the highest volume and quality are suitable for banking for public use.
Delayed clamping will not exclude you from donating – if you are happy to donate we are happy to attempt a collection.
You should only offer to donate your cord blood and tissue to the NHS Cord Blood Bank if you are due to give birth at one of the following London hospitals:
- Watford General
- University College
- St. George’s
- Luton & Dunstable
Please note: collection services at Barnet General Hospital have been temporarily suspended. Get more information.
You should not donate if you have ever;
- Been diagnosed with syphilis, HIV, HTLV, hepatitis B or hepatitis C
Or if in the 3 months prior to the delivery of your baby you have had sex with;
- A partner who has had sex with someone in exchange for money or drugs
- A partner who injects drugs for non-medical reasons including body building drugs
- A partner who has been diagnosed with Syphilis, HIV, HTLV, hepatitis B or hepatitis C
- A partner who has been sexually active in areas where HIV is common
- Someone in exchange for money or drugs
You should also not donate if in the 12 months prior to the delivery of your baby, if you have:
- Injected drugs for non-medical reasons
To donate your cord blood you must be aged 17 or over.
If you would like to discuss the statements above, please contact us.
Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances our cord blood collection services at Barnet General Hospital have been temporarily suspended. As a result we are unable to collect cord blood from there at this time. We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause.
We are hoping to resume cord blood collection services at Barnet General Hospital very soon, and hope you consider to donate your cord blood in the future.
If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us by phone on 0800 783 5870 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.