Words save lives
Do your family know whether you want to be an organ donor? Have you ever talked about organ donation with them?
If the answer is no, then you’re not alone; sadly, many donation opportunities are lost every year because families don’t know if their loved one wanted to be a donor or not. Family support is crucial to enable donations to take place.
We need more people to talk about organ donation to increase the number of transplants that happen.
of people waiting for a transplant are from black, Asian or ethnic minority communities
1 in 3
adults has told their partner / family they want to be an organ donor
people die every day in need of an organ transplant
We can change things, though we need your support to get people talking.
Don't just take our word for it, learn about the lifesaving impact donors have, how it feels to wait for a transplant and the comfort organ donation brings to grieving families from those who know
Please share our videos! You can share or embed these videos on your own sites and channels.
Use our social media graphics on your channels.
We’ve got graphics perfectly sized for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!
Here’s some suggested social media posts for you to support our work:
- Words save lives. This Organ Donation Week tell your family you want to save lives through organ donation #WordsSaveLives https://bit.ly/2PJ4nOZ
- Words save lives. This Organ Donation Week join the millions of people that have told their family they want to be an organ donor #WordsSaveLives #YesIDonate https://bit.ly/2PJ4nOZ
- Sadly, many organ donation opportunities are lost every year because families don’t know if their loved one wanted to be a donor or not. Help us change things, talk about organ donation today. #WordsSaveLives https://bit.ly/2PJ4nOZ
- If you want to be an organ donor, your family’s support is needed for organ donation to go ahead. Talk to them today #WordsSaveLives https://bit.ly/2PJ4nOZ
- On average three people die every day in need of an organ transplant because there just aren’t enough donors. Find out more at https://bit.ly/2PJ4nOZ
- We need more families to say yes to organ donation, so that more lives can be saved. Find out more at https://bit.ly/2PJ4nOZ
- Millions of people are already on the NHS Organ Donor Register, join them today and share your donation decision with your family. Register at https://bit.ly/2Nrvs7I
English organ donation law is changing
How will the change to an opt out organ donation system for England affect you?
Register to be a donorYes, I want to donate
Real life stories
Find out how transplants make a difference
Faith and donation
Find out about faith and donation