B Positive Choir
Support the B Positive Choir
MOBO and NHS Blood and Transplant join forces once again
MOBO and NHS Blood and Transplant are working together for the second year running to celebrate how blood donors make a difference every day; saving people whose lives depend on blood.
Together we have created the B Positive Choir which brings together people who live with sickle cell, their helpers, friends and families.
The choir will be launching an appeal to find new donors and highlight the ongoing need to give blood to help patients, like people with sickle cell.
Fresh from providing an exceptional television debut at MOBO Awards 2017, the B Positive Choir are proud to announce the release of their first single 'Rise Up': their rendition of the hugely inspiring Andra Day original. With lead vocals by gospel sensation, Lurine Cato, the release aims to encourage more people to 'Rise Up' and be counted as blood donors, as well as raise vital funds to help support the life changing work of NHS sickle cell wards.
Our key messages about the campaign
Over the last year 900,000 people have given up their time to help patients in need, but we need more new donors to ensure we supply the right types of blood for patients across England, and that they get the best possible match.
Every day, we need 6,000 donations to continue saving lives.
We are particularly looking for younger people and black communities to come forward.
- We need life-saving blood from new donors of all backgrounds to provide the closest matches for all communities.
- We need 200,000 new blood donors each year.
- Around 50% of our donor base is under the age of 45, but we need more.
- Around 10,000 people give blood from black communities, but we need more. We urgently need 40,000 new black donors to stop the pain experienced by black patients with sickle cell disease.
How can you help?
Download our digital materials
Add this caption to your Facebook, Instagram and Twitter posts:
- “Download the #BPositive track and #GiveBlood. Save lives and get us to #Xmas1 #MOBOAwards @NHSGiveBlood"
Register to donate
Become a blood donor
Book an appointment
Find out where you can donate
Download the app
Download the app by searching ‘NHS Give Blood’ in the app store
Visit the campaign page
The latest campaign news can be found on the NHS Give Blood website